Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Little Superstar!

For those of you who remember back in the day, I thought you might get a kick out of this little picture. For those who have no idea what I am talking about, which will be most of you, this was one of my costumes from my dancing days way back when I lived in Virginia and before I became a dedicated gymnast. I wore this when I was about 11 or 12 years old and was a "Jr. Superstar" (the younger group of gymnasts with our dance troop). Our dance troop was call the Superstars and along with our dance numbers, I also got to perform the gymnastics numbers too. Ok, plug for the past, we even got to perform on national television! Yes, I was cool once.
Anyway, Sam and I were cleaning her room - yet again - and I found my bag with a few of my old costumes in it. Sam was dying to try them on. And here you go - MY MINNIE ME! She thinks it is the coolest "superhero" costume and can't decide on whether she wants to wear this, or my dentist costume (another one of my costumes I had when I performed a solo to "I'm a Dentist" from Little Shop of Horrors) for Halloween. At least she has a few months to decide. I have to admit it's fun to rumage through the past a bit, but even more fun to see Sam excited about my old costumes too. I showed her the video I had from when I performed my Dentist solo at a National competition in Las Vegas (yes, I won - brag, brag) and she was so excited through the whole thing. When it was over she wanted me to show her the dance from the video. How I wish I could still bend that way! She will just have to settle for watching it again.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Sami is totally YOU!! That is too funny! I personally think you should post the picture of you in the FIRE costume!!!

And...don't we all wish we could still bend that way!!!

Kristen said...

Hey...sorry but I tagged you! Check out my blog for directions!

Heidi said...

Ok wait a minute... you wore that when you were 11 or 12? How fun for Sam to have your costumes to dress up in! :) You're the best mom ever!

AshleyS said...

Hey, I went to Christy Gerrard's baby shower today and she said you would be coming next month without the kids! I really hope we can try to get together, I would love that! Call me if you have time, if you come to Loma Linda, or I will drive to Yucaipa, it's all really close. Looking forward to it! 909-809-9662