Monday, August 16, 2010

At it again...

I know I've said it before, but my kids are truly hilarious. Almost every day they say or do something that just cracks me up, and If I don't get these things down, I will most definitely forget them. So, once again, here is another installment of "kids say the darndest things"...

Sam is all about losing teeth right now. So one day she asked: "Mom, is the tooth fairy real? What about other fairies, are they real?" And my reply was: "Well, I've never seen a fairy before, so I'm not sure if they are real or not. What do you think?" Then Sam says: "Well, I believe in magic, so I believe in fairies too. They must be real!"

While playing with the babies, the boys say: "Hey mom, look! Carter and Taylor have Popeye arms!"

Just after getting a pair of new pajamas (and if you've seen the movie "Tooth Fairy" you'll understand this one) Gavin comes to me, sticks his bottom out and says "Do these jammies make my butt look big?" And of course my reply was: "Yes! Huge!"

During dinner one night Gavin didn't want to eat his beans so Kaden told him: "Gavin eat them! They taste good, they're good for you, and they make you toot!"

While watching America's Funniest Home videos (one of the kids favorite shows) the kids saw someone wipe out and Gavin says: "Ooh, that's gotta hurt. That's gonna leave a mark!"

During a bath, I told the boys it was time to get out and to let the water out. Gavin lays down and tries to grab the water and says: "No, not my precious, precious water!" (Ok, I just had Lord of the Rings flashbacks!)

Again at dinner, Gavin was complaining about eating some of the almonds in his salad. I told him that they were good, they had sugar on them. Then he says: "I don't like sugar." So I said, "That's good to know, then I don't need to worry about getting you guys any cookies, fruit snacks, or treats." So then Gavin looks at me and says: "Ok, you got me. I do like sugar!"

After putting on my sunglasses, Gavin turns to me and says: "Hey Mom, I look fabulous!"

And my favorite: On the way home from picking the boys up from school after I told them they could play the Wii when they got home they both said: "You are the best Mom I ever had!"

Yeah, I know!

No comments: