Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sami!

On Sunday my little girl turned 6! I can't believe how old she is already. As far as I'm concerned she's still my little baby! I guess you always feel that way with your first. We had a party for her last weekend, and since Mom isn't really up to parties at the house this year, we had it at "Party On", a little jump place here in Parker. It was really fun. She got to invite as many friends as she wanted and they had the room all to themselves for an hour - the best part is, mom didn't really have to do a thing! I even took a little shortcut on the cake and ordered one already made from the grocery store and decorated it myself. Now, I can not for the life of me decorate a decent cake, but when I saw an idea in a magazine for a "Candyland" cake, I decided I couldn't really mess up candy, so I gave it a go. It was really fun and turned out pretty cute - one of my better attempts at least. :)
Sami is my saving grace! She will be my only girl and is so much fun. Yes, she definitely has the sass and the drama, but she is also so sweet and thoughtful. She worries about her crazy mother when I'm not feeling well, and although it mostly comes across as being bossy, she looks out for her brothers. She is excited for the babies, even though she really wanted a sister. She loves school, loves to draw, read, dance, dress-up, and make up her own songs. She is such a joy to our family and even though I've asked her to stop growing, she insists she won't! She is my little mini me, but thankfully has her dad's long skinny body. We decided it was a good thing we are having 2 more boys, since she will need four brothers to look out for her when she is older! I love this little girl to death and feel so lucky every day that she belongs to our family. Happy Birthday, Baby! I love you! As if having a birthday wasn't enough to show me how big she's getting, she lost her first tooth the other day. For about the past year she couldn't wait to lose a tooth, so needless to say, this was pretty exciting - especially the visit from the tooth fairy!

2 comments:

Camilla Millar said...

That cake sure is impressive Kelsey--even if it was from a magazine, you still did it yourself.

Sam is such a cutie. I am glad you have a special little friend and buddy-daughter.

Sparkle Mama said...

Cute pics! Wow- you did great on that cake :) I have never attempted something like that- you go girl!